1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Pitcher Joe Kennedy Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Crasnick

Jerry Crasnick New Member

You didn't "say'' anything. You merely attacked my character on a chat board (apparently, in some sort of veiled, cryptic, off-hand way), and you don't even have the guts to identify yourself. How can you say you "stand by'' comments when you're too much of a coward to even sign your name to them?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, Cras, I read your book and liked it.

Now fetch me a beer, newbie!!

(Oh, and maybe you had nothing to do with it, I wasn't aware of it, didn't read any earlier articles, didn't watch ESPN earlier today, etc., etc., but ESPN loves to take credit for every breaking story, so maybe it isn't good practice for them to continue to do so if it ends up making a quality reporter look bad for something he didn't even do.)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

All I did was imply you have an ego... Nothing more, nothing less... I hope you don't lose any sleep over it...

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Heaven needed a journeyman lefty?

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no, mizzou, you implied he'd put his ego ahead of reporting the news. if you read the link to jerry's article, there was nothing of the sort in what he wrote. i doubt he programs the crawl himself

6. joe

joe Active Member

In an exclusive, I just learned that I might get silly drunk tonight.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And I learned that.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Egomaniac [/mizzougrad]

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's been a bad couple of years for journeymen relief pitchers. Thoughts to the family and friends.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) Newsflash: Mizzou's an asshole. ::) Don't mind him; the rest of us don't.

b) I can't speak for, you know, Mizzou ... but I don't think anybody else here is bashing your story as much as they're bashing the network's asshole tendency to place "ESPN's XXX reports ..." in front of every damn breaking story, so much so that they do it with stories where no news has actually broken. In this case, major news broke but it's pretty cold-hearted to add that claim with a story on a major league pitcher dying suddenly at 28. Your story can stand on its own legs -- there's no need for them to add "ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports;" it makes the network, and by extension, you, look crass. That's all. It ain't personal.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP Joe Kennedy, who played for the Rockies among others. That he was only 28 makes it criminal.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At least he didn't use an ESPN Mobile phone to report it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.