1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Network

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ggMets, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ggMets

ggMets Guest

What do baseball fans think of the MLB Network so far. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but think it will be much more worthy of full airtime once spring training starts and the season follows. There have been times when it seems really run out of ideas to fill airtime, like yesterday when they had the batting stance guy on to run through his imitations.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still can't find it on my cable system.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hate to be the thread police, but isn't this like the third thread on this in the last two weeks?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same here. Stupid Allan.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think it's been very good so far, will get even better with 30 camps in 30 days in spring training and will be great during the season with the nightly show starting at 6 and ending when the last pitch of the night is thrown.

Baseball Tonight will become totally irrelevant (and like every other studio show on ESPN, it's already unwatchable).

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But John Kruk isn't as disgusting as he used to be. His wife said so.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So she can see his penis now? Without having to lift anything?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know. He didn't mention that in the commercial.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I started watching something that focused on a single season, and it looked good.

It's nice seeing old games replayed and how much thinner, or less muscular, players were 20 years ago.

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Ditto.

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I'm not a big baseball fan in the first place and am even less of an MLB fan after the mlb.com bullshit. So I refuse to check out this MLB Network. Guarantee I'll never change my tv to that channel. That is all.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Totally irrelevant? Not when ESPN is in every home with cable and MLB Network has to be found on some sports tier you pay extra for.

Draft saved Draft deleted