1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Network ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Dec 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It looks like my Verizon Fios will have it. I'd rather have the Yes Network ;)

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Directv, Time Warner and Comcast all have a stake in the network. I know on Directv (as someone mentioned it will be on Ch. 213 - and in HD :)) it will be available on the Choice package, I think, and above (so not on the sports package you have to buy).

They will show 26 games, have an eight-hour show every night devoted to highlights and presumably run old footage, games, etc. I know Jan. 1 they are showing the original broadcast of Don Larsen's perfect game with commentary from Yogi Berra.

Oh, and I forgot, during the offseason they'll have a Hot Stove show every day/night as well.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

I really think this is going to do well.
    It's going to be great during the season when their look-in show goes from 7 pm til the last west coast game ends.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

*Drools*

I'll be ordering this one I have the chance.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Will Harold Reynolds be distributing some of his special "hugs?"

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Nightly, and ever-so-rightly.

Draft saved Draft deleted