1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Network ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Dec 29, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

... starts on Jan. 1. Most people already have some version of the channel, and I'm trying to figure out who is getting it or not. Everything says that all the digital cable companies will get it, but at least in my area, near Albany, N.Y., it's very confusing whether we'll get it or not.

Anyone else confused? We get Time Warner, BTW.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I get Bright House cable, which used to be Time Warner down here.

I'm expecting it'll be in my sports package, same tier as the NHL Network, NBA TV and Tennis Channel, etc.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's on down here and I've seen everything I care to about the 2005 World Series

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Times are so tough for MLB, it's starting its own cash-churning network as it slashes staff.

Fuck those fucking assholes.

5. sg86

sg86 Member

I have TWC and I'm just getting this realllllllllly long looping promo for the network until Jan. 1.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True dat...

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Where are you out of? PM if you don't want to say on the board.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hmm. Only seen promos here. Have no idea if I get it on Cox.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

God I wish I could drop-kick Big Ten Network and have MLB instead. I prefer their propaganda over the Big Ten's.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, it's not like the god al-fucking-mighty NF-fucking-L didn't layoff 150 people while making money hand over fist.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I have it on Comcast in Indiana.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Channel locator for your ZIP:

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

Channel 326 on Time Warner in Cleveland. Looks like this places it on the Digital Sports Tier, which is $5/month. Can't imagine myself paying $5/month for a channel which doesn't show games, especally considering I don't want to watch any of the other channels on the Digital Sports Tier.

Draft saved Draft deleted