1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Network: Regional coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HackyMcHack, May 23, 2011.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Anyone have a good resource for determining which areas get which MLB Network games? They're listing two games in every time slot, and my usual sources, including The 506, are all coming up empty.

2. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

I believe everyone gets the primary game unless it's blacked out in your area because it's on another station. In that case, you'd get the secondary game.

3. Ravi

Ravi New Member

Not true. If the first game listed is the primary game, then I should have been able to watch Yankees at Tigers last Thursday afternoon (4/23/2015) on MLB Network, but I could not because they were airing Cubs at Pirates instead. I live in the Washington DC market and no local channel was airing the Tigers vs. Yankees game.

4. tnorm125

tnorm125 New Member

I believe, in most cases they show the game that is more relevant to your local team. I think that's why in Washington DC, you got the National League game.

It is very unclear which game they will show and a very disappointing schedule format.

For one reason, because you don't know for certain which game they will show until the very moment of the first pitch. For another reason, because I like to see teams that I don't see often and don't want to watch the same teams that are relevant to the red sox all of the time. They should just pick one game rather randomly and play that nationally. Only putting a different game on in places where the randomly selected game involves a local team. Such as a Red Sox game in the boston market.

I have actually just emailed MLB Network about this matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted