1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Media Guides

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

How do I go about obtaining one from each club?

I had no problems a few years ago (maybe three, four) when MLB.com allowed the media to register online at its website. That allowed access to MLB's league directory, which listed each team's media relations person.

However, I can't seem to find that link on MLB.com anymore. And, not every team's website has a complete contact page so I can e-mail/fax the appropriate party.

Can anyone help?

2. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly Guest

Try www.mlbpressbox.com

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The MLB Pressbox site is the best for media relations contacts.

Just send an e-mail to the appropriate contact, and they're usually prompt about getting a guide out to you (... when they're completed.) Some teams take longer to print their guides than others, because rosters aren't set, etc. Others are very lax about actually mailing 'em out. I'm looking at you, Tampa!

The way we usually get ours is by sending our columnist out to the ballpark on Opening Day and bringing back a box full of 'em from around the league. After that, I start e-mailing teams for the ones we're missing.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Media guides are posted for each team at the site.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You didn't hear? They didn't make one this year. If you really need something, they have a two-sided information sheet for your perusal.

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

media guides are obsolete

just download all the *.pdfs, put 'em in a folder on your desktop, and off we go

7. Pete Incaviglia

Thanks Chilly this is the link I remembered. I don't why I couldn't find it.

Thanks to everyone else, too.

As for obsolete, I still prefer the hard copy.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<i>As for obsolete, I still prefer the hard copy.</i>

Until you have a lug a full set of them home and find shelf space for them. <s>They're just too damn big.</s> They're so comprehensive.

9. KoM

KoM Member

If it's a media guide I use once or twice a week, I want a real media guide sitting on the corner of my desk throughout the season. If it's one I use once or twice a season, pdf copy is fine.

A couple of years ago at a media day, one SID came around handing out CDs instead of printed media guides. His old school coach ripped him a new one right there in front of the room.

10. Pete Incaviglia

They've removed the e-mail addresses from the list. All that's left are phone numbers.

11. I think Atlanta stopped making a hard copy a few years back. I remember getting a disc in the mail and I was totally confused.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

The phone?

Draft saved Draft deleted