1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB employee doesn't think Mike Trout gets enough attention

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 31, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

NTTAWTT

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Probably a buddy who is also on the payroll to do the shopping, pay the landscaper and maid, take care of the house when he's on the road, etc.

3. LongTimeListener

A bit odd, though, since he also has a fiancée.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ok, yeah didn't know that.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Garret Richards was his roommate a couple years ago. Maybe still is.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'll put this down as E-8, pending video replay.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

On the road, though, right?

8. LongTimeListener

Aaron Rodgers had a roommate.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Baseball players are entitled to single rooms on the road.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe both.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I rarely wrote stat stories and the cyber stuff bores me (not "bores me to death," that would be a cliche). Kesler was in the top 3 in just about every team statistical category I glanced at and first or second in a bunch with the other two guys sometimes as low as sixth. I think he was among the league leaders in faceoff percentage, which aided him as the first-line penalty killer for the unit that was No. 1 in the NHL. He was also on the second power play group, which also was No. 1 in the league. He is regarded as being strong in the room. OMG, that is a cliche, but it is true. Getzlaf's role as captain is being questioned in the face of the Game 7 flops.
    I'll stop now until you provide me with the player you think was better, without cliches.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are the 93devil of hockey posts.

I'll give you stats that even you can understand. Goals and points. Giving him credit for being on the second unit PP, great, who was on the first?

The Ducks season turned around when Getzlaff got his act together. Kesler was not their best player, is not their best player. This does not make him not a good hockey player, he's simply not as good as Perry or Getzlaff, even in off years.

Ryan Kesler good in the room is laughable. For one, neither of us have any idea if it's true and he was so popular in the room in Vancouver the players voted to take the A off him.

I'm done with this, you can believe he was their best player if you like, like usual you are wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted