1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB employee calls for four-year PED ban in a Sports Illustrated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 13, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably around 2025, when most of the roid boys have been retired 20 years, they'll do a blanket amnesty with the provision the HOF plaques would include references to using PEDs.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

PEDs or as the rest of America calls it: medicine. Had a bad headache at work, couldn't concentrate on the screen. I took 2 Advil and some lemon tea with honey and pretty soon I was back to writing and reading. Definitely enhanced my performance. Without that drug, I would have been on the 8 hour DL.

cjericho and Sea Bass like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ken Caminiti agrees with you.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Advil isn't illegal.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Neither is prescribed HGH.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And then they still won't get in the HOF, b/c the cryogenically frozen heads serving on the Veterans Committee won't allow them in, b/c nobody on the Veterans Committee ever used anything to get thru the grind of 20 Hall of Fame seasons.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nah. They came to the ballpark still drunk and took greenies to get through. The difference is that the amphetamines didn't help you heal faster or put on layers of muscle easier.

Or make your head swell until it wouldn't fit inside your hat.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

By that time much of the Veterans Committee membership will be made up of guys who played with or against the roid boys.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm no trainer, but if you have time to watch TV in the gym, you're doing it wrong.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Cardio.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Steroids had nothing to do with Ken Caminiti's death. He was an abuser of many substances, including alcohol, cocaine and heroin. His death was attributed to acute intoxication from cocaine and opiates, a speedball, three years after retirement.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted