1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com seeking 30 interns

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Wonderlic, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

And a 1, and a 2 and a 3...

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
    Climbing high into the sun;
    Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
    At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
    Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
    Off with one helluva roar!
    We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
    Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was funny.

3. hans2100

hans2100 Guest

so does anyone know if all interns have been assigned? are they contacting if you weren't selected?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

5. alicruzco

alicruzco New Member

supposedly it was all done by last Friday....
    I don't know if they're contacting if you don't get it though, I haven't received a call yet

6. BradC34

BradC34 New Member

Was told last week that they wanted it wrapped up by the end of the week so I would imagine they're done. I don't expect a "Sorry you weren't selected" message.

Don't really care any more. I've got an opportunity to do some freelance work over the summer for my home town paper so now I can work somewhere and make needed money while getting the practice at a real paper too.

7. CCaple

CCaple Member

Got an email today from Bill Hill saying that the internships were going to be unpaid because of financial reasons, and wanting to know who still wanted it anyway.

I thought the selections were over? Or did he just have a bunch of people turn it down after finding out it was unpaid? Or is my email just screwed up and I got this way later than I was supposed to? Strange.

8. BradC34

BradC34 New Member

I got an email today that said I wasn't selected. Guess I'm not even good enough for the unpaid group. ;)

9. Boyznblu80

Boyznblu80 Member

don't get down on yourself....from what i've been told...the stuff the MLB makes them do is nuts...and unpaid is not worth it....keep plugging.

Draft saved Draft deleted