1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com seeking 30 interns

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Wonderlic, Oct 8, 2008.

1. hans2100

hans2100 Guest

Other than this guy has anyone heard from mlb.com yet??

2. sportsfan2187

sportsfan2187 New Member

I have taken the Twins gig. I'm from the Twin Cities, so it was really the only one I could afford to do.

3. hans2100

hans2100 Guest

so does anyone know if bill has called everyone that got offered a job?

4. ARose17

ARose17 Member

I have taken the Braves job. I'm not sure if he's done calling everyone yet or not. I would think it would be done by this weekend.

5. jwerner56

jwerner56 New Member

I was offered the White Sox gig but was offered a job as sports editor of a weekly and had to take it. Haven't heard anything from anyone else that applied for it. Bill said they were trying to fill all the spots last week.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And these are indeed UNPAID?

7. ARose17

ARose17 Member

Yep, as far as I know.

8. BradC34

BradC34 New Member

I applied and was wondering about this. I did not know that it had changed to unpaid. That really changes the whole thing. I have not been contacted and I just emailed Bill today to see where they were in the selection process. I would be very disappointed to not get the internship but since its unpaid it won't be that bad. I have a job waiting for me at home but it's not in journalism, which is what I really need right now as a junior in college.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

What you really need is to change your career before it starts.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they'll learn soon enough.

11. BradC34

BradC34 New Member

Talking to the wrong person. I actually changed into journalism from engineering. Of course engineering was kicking me out but this is the only other thing I can do well.

12. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

Yeah, for me, it's either journalism or the Air Force.

Draft saved Draft deleted