1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com reporting internships/Dec. 11 deadline

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Bill Hill, Nov 30, 2009.

1. alex.riley21

alex.riley21 Member

They are notifiying people now. A buddy of mine just got one for the Rangers and I guess it's paid because he's coming from SC to TX. This is one of the things I do wish I had applied for in college but finances wouldn't allow it. Best of luck to those involved.

2. whoiskarimgarcia

whoiskarimgarcia New Member

I'm a top 60 guy too. Haven't heard anything since that email, but I guess it'll all come down this upcoming week.

3. BCox34

BCox34 New Member

Bummer. Dallas was in my top 3 (and somewhat nearby). Things don't look well for me.

4. Gator_Hawks

Gator_Hawks Member

Are candidates being notified via e-mail or phone call?

Also, are those who were not picked going to be informed?

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Actually, Frank Robinson knocks on your door and gives you a letter or a package. MLB gives Frank all the best jobs.

6. Gator_Hawks

Gator_Hawks Member

Awesome. I hope to see Frank soon.

7. Gator_Hawks

Gator_Hawks Member

I see only one person who's posted anything about hearing about getting a position... has anyone else heard anything?

8. alex.riley21

alex.riley21 Member

My friend got a phone call notifying him. Can't speak for how they're all going to do it.

9. BCox34

BCox34 New Member

Just got the rejection email. Guess I wasn't good enough. :-\

On the bright side, now I get to find a job rather than an internship.

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Good luck to you. This can be a frustrating business, but for all that, it's one of the best jobs there is ... in my humble opinion.

11. Mira

Mira Member

The Association for Women in Sports Media offers a slew of internships each year and two student members, Gina Mizell and Jocelyn Syrstad, are on board for the upcoming season with MLB.com. Don't know which teams they'll work with but Syrstad goes to school at Penn State and Mizell is at Arizona State.

12. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

I had always heard that newspaper editors frowned on these internships. But then one of last year's interns got a job that I applied for and now I firmly believe these gigs will help you move up in the biz.

Draft saved Draft deleted