1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mdpoppy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. johann

johann Guest

I still haven’t heard anything from mlb.com. Any of you [ bdh02, mustangj17, Newbie ] heard any good news?
    Congrats if you have!

2. davefultz

davefultz New Member

Hi guys, I read on here all the time but I've never posted,

I got one of fthe MLB.com internships and so did my editor. We're students at Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)and write for the Daily Illini (among many other publications over the past few years). Just thought I'd jump in and let you guys know that I got the call early last week.

I'd be interested to hear how many others on here got jobs, good luck guys.

3. bdh02

bdh02 Member

Yeah, I got the call a couple weeks ago saying I got one of the internships. And I'll second the Illinois guy's question... any of you with experience internship? I'd really like to hear some info from your side.

PM, post on here, whatever. Thanks!

4. Like I said in earlier posts, I had one of these internships a few years back. PM if you'd like to discuss.

5. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

The Daily Illini, isn't that the student paper that saved the AP's ass with photos for the Wisconsin game?

6. Keep the running gamers short. And remember, your writethrus are one of 162 on the season. They don't have to be Hemmingway-esque in length or grandeur.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Got my rejection letter yesterday.

And while I don't blame them... I found these two lines in the letter funny.

After careful review of your resume blah blah blah.

And...

If you are in college next year please reapply.

Hmmm, I wasn't in college this time when I applied, way to carefully review that resume.

8. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

same here mustang.

and this was the 3rd straight year I've applied. oh well, better things will come along

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Late to the congratulatory/apologetic portion of the thread, but I also landed an MLB.com internship a few seasons back (and a writer I hired when I was back in college was offered a position this season, too, so the circle continues, I suppose). So, if you want to PM another former intern, send me a note. Be happy to help answer any questions you might have.

Draft saved Draft deleted