1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mdpoppy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Looks like quite a few people from here applied...good luck everyone, hope we all get one team or another.

2. When I got this internship, I remember they called me just as was heading to an end-of-the-semester bash. So it should be any day now.

3. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

has anyone here heard back yet?

4. JLawson

JLawson Member

Still waiting...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're not hired! (yet)

6. bdh02

bdh02 Member

I got an e-mail saying I was one of 60 finalists and had to send off a second round application of some sort, but I haven't heard back from that yet. Not sure when word is supposed to be passed down.

7. johann

johann Guest

Congratulations bdh for making it from the original 390 [or whatever] into the final 60. But doesn't that good sign for you mean that those of us who have NOT heard about a second round are among the 330 [or whatever] already eliminated?

8. bdh02

bdh02 Member

I don't know. I haven't heard whether they're notifying people who are eliminated or not. Several other internships I've applied for have done that. But not sure about this one.

As of the other day, they've narrowed it down to 40 and hope to have selections made by the end of next week.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

anyone else hear anything yet?

10. allezlesquakes

allezlesquakes New Member

nope...i'm assuming since it's being whittled down that no response by now means no internship?

11. bdh02

bdh02 Member

They're calling and offering the internships to the finalists now.

Draft saved Draft deleted