1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.com jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mdpoppy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

She's a pretty talented reporter. The least they could do is give her a better team...

2. I interned for an AL team a couple seasons ago. It was a great experience, I learned from one of the best in the business and it really helps you learn about covering a beat day in and day out.

3. Sheth28

Sheth28 New Member

To everyone who's applied....have you heard back from anyone?

4. I applied for the internship, and no, I haven't heard back yet.

5. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

same here

6. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

same here

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

My boy got an offer today...

8. i think most of the hires typically happen post-holidays

9. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I dont know if I applied for the internship or the job. I applied for the teams near my area ...

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

When I landed an internship with MLB.com a few seasons ago, I received a call in early January. So don't worry too much, folks. Give 'em time up there in New York. Lots of resumes to filter.

11. JLawson

JLawson Member

I applied for the intern too, got in well with one of the recruiters during a couple of job fairs. I'm pretty sure they don't do the bulk of their selections until January. I think this is a good opportunity especially if you'd like to cover an MLB team for newspaper at some point.

12. bdh02

bdh02 Member

I applied too. Haven't heard back. Application said they hoped to decide by Dec. 21.

Draft saved Draft deleted