1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB, can of worms, salary cap, dead horse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm starting the topic, I'm giving the idiots a place to spooge themselves, and then I'm leaving the room. Have fun, hosers!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_owners_meetings_2

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Saw this earlier. Resisted the urge to start a thread.

See that 2MCM, I'm better than you! ;D

3. 2muchcoffeeman

This way they aren't making a mess of the whole house. :D

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, this is in a way the SJ cellar?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love Mark Attanasio, but he needs to stop bitching about this.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Given the likely participants, this is the rubber-walled room in the insane asylum.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Bitter Young Hater of Salary Cap: Where's that F%$# from the Steel City to say something?!?!?!

outofpostsaboutsomethingelse: F%$# You! I'm out of this thread!

BYH: Me TOO!!!!!

(two minutes later)

OOP: I'm back!

BYH: Me TOO!!!!!!

(various sycophants chime in)

Rinse, repeat.

Where's the popcorn?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[​IMG]

This guy's hogging it.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

::)

Meanwhile, the NFL owners are trying to opt out of their wonderful capped salary structure.

And if baseball puts in a cap to prevent the Yankees from spending, then they will most likely install a salary floor, which means many teams now will be under it, which means they'll have to increase their spending by millions.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And such a floor might lead some teams to overspend on mediocre players, if managed improperly.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

All I'll say is this: I love how these fucking rich crybabies cry about the rules AFTER they get in. Hey assholes: THE YANKEES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RICH, BITCH. Nobody pulled the wool over your eyes. If you dont think you can compete, get the fuck out.

The parity Lewis Wolff is begging for IS ALREADY THERE.

And the idea of Bob Nutting waxing pathetic about how the Pirates need a cap to compete is rich, given how they haven't tried a lick in 16 years. ""We need to find ways to succeed in the current economic environment, and we're not going to use the hope of a salary cap as a crutch or as an excuse." Sure you're not, you fucking asshole.

And TSP is absolutely, positively dead-on: A cap isn't good enough for these assholes. The NFL is the most successful league in America and everyone wants to be like it, yet the asshole owners are trying to find MORE ways to ensure they don't have to try as hard as everyone else to make a profit.

I'm trying real hard not to get into any more pissing matches, so I'm out for the rest of the thread, no matter what oop or simon may say to rile me up. :D

12. 2muchcoffeeman

:D ;D 8) :)

Draft saved Draft deleted