1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that happens at every stadium in every city in every sport now. The way aftermarket ticket sales go, it’s just open season. Your point, however, is well taken.

JC likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd be more OK with Ohtani winning MVP than the Cy Young. Because he hasn't been a Cy Young pitcher this particular year.

He will some season soon, but it wasn't this one.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And when we're done with AL MVP, can we re-litigate the Jordan/Barkley MVP vote? I see the same arguments.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Game 1 in Cleveland only has 500-level seats left, so it will be a sellout. LOTS of Game 3 tickets left. My dad has never been to an Indians/Guardians playoff game in 68 years as a fan. I think I’ll buy a couple in case it gets to Game 3.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">7 ML teams hitting 230 or lower. How bad will it get before the owners realize this Nerd way of hitting is not working? I know let&#39;s change the rules to help the Nerd way instead of teaching old school approach like actually making contact, flatter swing plane &amp; using the field</p>&mdash; Randy Johnson (@iamrags) <a href="">September 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does he have a point? Is the way the game played today - with analytics predicating not only strategy but basic skills - overdue for a correction?

And no - clearly I do not know how to use the embed tweet function. :mad:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just copy the link to the tweet. It autoformats.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Please tell me all those Game 3 tix aren’t available because the Browns are playing.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think MLB has already moved to improve this by banning the shift. Time will tell.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cue Yakety Sax

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And the Mariners end the longest playoff drought in North American sports on Cal Raleigh's walkoff HR in B9. Go crazy, Seattle and the entire Pacific Northwest!

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hate to ask this, but did The Washington Nationals Baseball Club LLC do the right thing by dispatching Juan Soto and not signing him to a long-term deal? He has done next to nothing in San Diego.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted