1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the return of the Rickey leadoff hitter (and I hate to say but Cards (Giants fan) baseball during Herzog era).

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Love Henderson but the only thing he did better than Bonds was steal bases.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Shohei batted leadoff in several games this season. There was talk of having Trout lead off, but I don't think he ever did.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, though he did it a lot better than Bonds. I'm a big fan of both and I think the Hall of Fame is a joke as long as Bonds isn't a member, but one big difference between the two is Henderson didn't have a PED-fueled second act.

Bonds was the better player, but if you put both guys on the same team in their primes, I want Henderson leading off.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In his prime, he was one of the most destructive forces in baseball. It seemed he could do more damage with a leadoff walk than with a leadoff homer.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bonds on base pct was ridiculous to not have him leading off on this Giants teams.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That is cliched nonsense. The point is to score, a homerun ensures that.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sure does.

ChrisLong likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hate you!!!

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

Hence my qualification that it only seemed that way.

12. tapintoamerica

Can anybody offer insight on why the Cleveland baseball team still isn't drawing? They come home after clinching the division with a tremendous September run and 10,775 show up. I know it rained, but I have been expecting their attendance to improve this month. It hasn't.
    Rain has been a problem all year, yet the team has been good and is now a dangerous playoff competitor.
    Is it possible that Clay Trumpist and his racist sidekick Dakich were right when they said the disinterest was a rebuke by the fine people of Cleveland against the woke mob that changed the team's name? Although decidedly Trumpist, can Ohio really be that bad?
    avg by month
    April: 14,763
    May: 13,760
    June: 16,896
    July: 19,625
    August: 18,339
    September: 16,875

Draft saved Draft deleted