1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As the White Sox are currently getting their heads beaten in by Cleveland (down 11-0 after six, with one hit and one error to show for their day), I was about to post how they are the sorriest team in the majors.

Then I looked up the standings, and KC and Baltimore are even worse.

Is it mathematically possible for the American League to have three 100-loss teams in a season?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All those teams make the pathetic Reds look like World Series contenders.

3. TheSportsPredictor

Third in NL in ERA.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet he still sucked all of last season in spite of Dickie's claims that he would be fine.

Arrieta, by the way, is 11th in the NL with a 3.33 ERA two full seasons after Dickie said he was on the way out. He also had a much lower ERA than Lester for the 2017 season, 3.53 to 4.33. This after saying Arrieta was on the way out, but there was no reason for concern about Lester in 2017.

You are welcome to join Dickie in being wrong. Or you could just go back to sucking at fantasy baseball. Perhaps both?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  5. TheSportsPredictor

I'm currently in the money in two of my three fantasy baseball leagues, so that option is off the table.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unless the competition in those leagues is incredibly weak. Based on my experience playing in a league with you, that would be my bet. :D

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The Minnesota Twins have faced the following starting pitchers in the last five games:

Friday: Cleveland Indians Cory Kluber
    Saturday: Cleveland Indians Carlos Carrasco
    Sunday: Cleveland Indians Shane Bieber (no relation to Justin that I'm aware of)
    Tuesday: Boston Red Sox Chris Sale
    Wednesday: Boston Red Sox David Price

For a team that is struggling to hit its way out of a paper bag, that's a daunting lineup to face.... Kluber and Price have won the Cy Young. Sale was the runnerup last year. and Carrasco has been lights out this year. Bieber making only his second big league start.

And the Twins have gone 4-1, losing only to Justin's little brother!

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If the Indians fix their bullpen issues at the deadline the rest of that division will sink even further into the morass.

The Tigers have played above their heads a bit so far.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If that happens, the five AL playoff participants may well be set by the time we get to August 1.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yankees are gonna hit 300 homers, aren't they?

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

First, you're assuming Seattle is for real and keeps it up. I agree, but it's a question mark. Also, you would still have meaningful baseball as they scramble to avoid the WC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.