1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's used in treatment of congestive pulmonary and heart issues caused by fluid buildup. A guy I know who's had residual fluid issues following a bypass operation takes it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

By definition, there are about to be a shitload of them.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Interestingly, Lasix is also used to treat cirrhosis of the liver.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Lasix is a diuretic. It treats the buildup of fluid in the body. I believe it treats symptoms caused by heart issues, liver issues, kidney issues, etc, not the underlying illness.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And one of these days, he's gonna throw to the right base.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Slight correction ... it’s used to treat the fluid buildup that can accompany cirrhosis.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Even in that event, I'd be more than happy to admit I had a raging problem with the bottle, given the stakes for him.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's used in tandem with something like aldosterone or spironolactone.

www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/diseasemanagement/hepatology/complications-of-cirrhosis-ascites/

Loop diuretic therapy in liver cirrhosis with ascites. - PubMed - NCBI

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I couldn't really find any use for Lasix that would be so embarrassing as to be unmentionable.

Jim Surowiecki posted this earlier today:

11. Dick Whitman

Lots and lots and lots and lots of guys post better lines in the major leagues than the minor leagues. Lots of them. Maybe even most of them.

They get older and better.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

From some rx site "Lasix (furosemide) is an anthranilic acid derivative that is used as a strong diuretic in adults and children to treat excessive fluid accumulation (edema) caused by congestive heart failure, liver failure, renal failure, and nephritic syndrome. Lasix may be used with antihypertensive drugs to control high blood pressure (hypertension)."

sorry to pile on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.