1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2014 season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

37 years ago today. 3 pitches, 3 home runs.

His trot around the bases is pure Cock of the Walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZNTzxVNv24&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

Such a moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Songbird

And what the hell with Dodger pitchers wearing 49 who give up bombastic playoff homers. Hi, Tom Niedenfuer.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For the WC game, we took a load of pictures before the game - really all through the day - but once it started, maybe a couple here and there between innings. Never understood people who take pictures during every big play.

Enjoy the moment with your own eyes and full concentration.

Buy the DVD later.

4. Songbird

I was thinking more between innings kind of photos and videos.

Either way, enjoy your dad's gift of love.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When the Rangers made it in 2010 I sold my soul (kidding! barely!) and got tickets for the whole crew (I think I was out $1,700 or so when all was said done) for a game. My youngest then was 9, and she was accustomed to our usual Rangers forays, which involve backpacks full of snacks, reading material and (at the time) handheld video games. Excited as she was, she announced that she'd be taking her Gameboy "Just in case I get bored." For one of the very few times in our child-rearing career, Mom and I were unanimous: "The hell you say!"

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Guy has done this before. He doesn't appear to like baseball.
    For the life of me I can't figure out why a commentator with this kind of platform would project the game in anything other than a good light.
    I don't give a shit about these teams either, but to call it the worst Series before a pitch has been thrown is stupidity.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if the writer has been similarly dismissive of the 10-6 and 9-7 teams that pollute the Super Bowl on an annual basis.

The W-L comparison is kind of dumb. If the format made teams win 90 or more games, they'd do that. The Giants went 6-9 down the stretch while getting everybody rested up. There was no serious threat to their wild-card spot. If there had been, I'm guessing they could have played their frontliners and won a few more games, which would make them look like any old 91-71 team.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any doubt this was a slightly down year in the AL. I read somewhere (I think it was Sheehan) that this was the first year since 1996 that there wasn't at least one 90-win AL team that did not make the playoffs.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can't wait to find out which of these two teams are Winners who Knew How To Win thanks to all their emotional traits and natural winningness, and which ones are gutless choking losers who lose and couldn't have ever won.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know, right?

The Giants in particular continue to ride positive variance. Eight postseason series wins in a row and a 30-11 overall record. Of all the damn luck.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Better bet your life savings on them to win this time, too. Sounds like the are pretty good at baseball.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Only clutch in even years

Draft saved Draft deleted