1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2014 season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Strong content from an avid fan.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think there's a national fatigue with this team (and the Cardinals) but that was a fucktarded column.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dude's probably a Dodger fan.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Me too. It almost, ALMOST, eradicated my bitterness over the Angels getting swept.

Hope you and your son have a great time, Hack. And you get to see it in a real nice ballpark.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. The only way this story could be better is if the three of them went to the game.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Take as many photos as you can, shoot a few videos of your boy during the game, and put together a little multimedia package for your dad and send him the link. (If he's at all a computer guy.)

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dafuq did I just read? "Soft tossing lefty" because he isn't Pedro Martinez who throws 99? This lunkhead needs to pull up Game 5 of the 2012 NLCS if he wants to see "soft-tossing" at work. Fuck off, Bumgarner is a "soft-tossing" lefty.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

Coastal bias is never not going to be a thing.
    People who hold these biases are not going to be won over by Posnanski's midwestern poesy, or by a superstar-less Giants team.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Another dumb piece by a guy who has a national platform.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/52750/welcome-to-the-worst-world-series-ever

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He might be on to something about the geography factor. The Royals went 6-13 against Detroit. Looking at their record against the rest of the bigs, they might have won 95-97 games in another division. :)

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you think? He transitioned well into, "Yeah, but it'll be fun."

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nah. Take one photo, when you get there. Then put the damn phone away and remember every pitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted