1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2007 Thread #2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We usually let the MLB threads go about 45 pages (that was the ruling last season) and with the Red Sox / Yankees sure to generate some posts - I thought it was time to start a new thread.

As far as predictions for this series - I think if the Yankees don't win tonight then they get swept. I also think Manny will have a big series with at least 2 HR.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This just in -- the Cubs suck-diddly-uck.

3. If A-Rod comes up small this series - how many derisive articles about him being Mr. April do you think we'll see Monday morning in the NYC papers?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

But... it's still April.

5. Any big blowups from Lou after today's game?

6. Joe Torre: Last week we made the comment that A-Rod comes into the season like a lion but usually goes out like a lamb. Now here to reply is our captain of intangibles, Derick Jeter, with a report update.

Derick Jeter: Thank you Joe. Well, another April is almost over and A-Rod true to form has come in like a lion, but hopefully will not go out like a lamb. However, that’s how A-Rod usually works here in the Big Apple.

But did you know that A-Rod behaves differently in other countries? In Norway, for example, A-Rod comes into the season like a polar bear and goes out like a walrus. Or, take the case of Honduras where A-Rod comes in like a lamb and goes out like a salt marsh harvest mouse.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rem-Dog made $35,000 his final season in the bigs.

8. That was Bob Cousy who made $35k his last year

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

A-Rod hits No. 11. Hopefully this won't merit two other threads. :)

10. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Oh, jeez. A-Rod just hit No. 11, a bomb off Schilling. Landed somewhere about Needham, by the looks of things.

EDIT -- Beat me to it, deadline...

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

it looks like "manny being manny" was wearing his cap backwards in the field when he loped after posada's double. was he? does he often do this? i've never seen a big leaguer do this in game action.

or am i just old and sight impaired? ??? :eek: 8)

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cousy, eh? Huh, sounded like Rem-Dog. Lakers-Bulls — same thing. [/SNL skit]

Oh, A-Rod has 11 homers in April: He stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.