1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 08: The Show glitch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ostentatious, Apr 18, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

screwballs and knucklers thrown with a leftie on 2k8 is almost impossible to hit.

2. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

I had this glitch happen last year on the PS3. It always happened if I warmed up the pen before the first pitch of the inning was thrown. So now, I wait until the cpu pitcher throws a pitch before going to the bullpen screen. I haven't seen it in 08.

As far as the fielding, Sony released a patch for the PS3 version last week. Seems to have helped the fielding among other things.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been thinking about going this game route because EA Sports is no longer doing their MLB updates (are they?). So which one is better? The '08 version or the '07? Another title within the genre? And can someone give me a quick breakdown on how the road to the show works?

4. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

Are we talking PS2 or PS3? Improved graphics alone make 08 better on the PS3. Last year's version didn't look much better than a PS2 game. Not the case this year. Gameplay wise, they're pretty similar.

I haven't played Road to the Show mode (I'm a dynasty guy). But basically you create yourself and assign yourself a position. I think you earn points for achieving goals and work your way up. Someone else will have to back me up or correct me on that though.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You are correct about RTTS.

You earn training points for getting hits, RBIs, put outs, etc. But then you get messages from your team about what attributes you need to improve. And if you don't, then you'll get benched or sent down.

That's where the problem is. I created a catcher. I'm working on getting the hitting skills and arm strength up. I'm hitting .367 with 21 homers at the All-Star break. But because I've ignored the club's directive to improve my bunting and speed, I get sent down to AAA.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I am indeed talkinga bout the PS2. Graphics don't concern me as much as gameplay, career/dynasty mode, etc.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

WTF? Who are you playing for?

8. Inky_Wretch

Pirates, then I asked for a trade and was sent to the Royals. My RTTS player owns fail.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have MLB The Show 06 but haven't played it in a while. Does it have a Manage mode where you can run a team but don't have to play the games? As I recall MVP 04 had it.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jeebus, Inky. Time to fire your RTTS agent. From the Pirates to the Royals? What'd they trade you for, a sack of baseballs?

11. Inky_Wretch

Almost, Zack Greinke.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Did the Royals at least bring you up or did they keep you in AAA?

Draft saved Draft deleted