1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 08: The Show glitch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ostentatious, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

High Heat 2003 for me. Greatest baseball game ever made.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

MVP 2005, in my opinion.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The best part about it was the home-run contests with the 500-HR club members.

Putting Aaron vs. Mays in the medieval castle, living room or construction site STILL brings a smile to my face.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hell yes.

And in Triple Play 2001, I hit an 800-foot homer with Sosa in the HR Derby on the field that's in space or whatever. Once hit a 700-footer on the field that's inside a house.

5. Rumpleforeskin

I hit mine at Coors Field. It went over the center-field stands.

6. Norman Stansfield

The outer-space field was fun for like, an inning. It got old real quick when every ball you hit went like, eight miles.

Same with the beach field, too, except the opposite -- everything you hit just died in the sand.

Satchel Paige is the best video-game pitcher ever, too. On that game he'd throw a 109-mph fastball, then follow that up with a 47-mph change. Unhittable.

7. Rumpleforeskin

I will see your Satchel Paige and counter with Zach Grienke in MVP 2005. Only he could come with a 94-mph fastball and hit you with a 59-mph curveball that breaks three feet.

8. Norman Stansfield

Sorry, Rumple.

I'll see your Greinke and raise you Cy Young.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Sorry, Norm.

I'll see your Cy Young and raise you the set-up man from the Dodgers. I forget his name back then, but he threw a 48-mph change-up that was not even hittable. You could follow it up with a 96-mph fastball.

10. Norman Stansfield

OK, you win ::)

11. Rumpleforeskin

Yeah. Playing with the "Hitter's Eye" off was impossible. But that was a big thing in MVP 2005. Being able to see what pitch was being thrown before it left the pitcher's hand.

12. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

Ummmmm...Dunno. I guess MLB 08: The Show isn't an EA Sports production, so it doesn't have to be in the game in order to be in the game. Maybe Sheets going 8 healthy innings caused the glitch? Like the PS2 had created some kind of a too-perfect Matrix and figured I wouldn't accpet it as reality so it pro-actively decided to rectify the situation and erase all record of its existance (I suppose the pun here is Exitenz). Friggin platforms get more bells and whistles every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted