1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MJS raised pimp hand to Whitlock.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by old_tony, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Charmion ...

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You, sir, are a moron.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Nice to make a judgment on an entire state based on 1/100 of the state. I'm sure you could gain the same impression by just going to 2 miles in toward Beloit too.

There are shitty cities in every state ... Racine, Kenosha and Beloit happen to be Wisconsin's shittiest. It's just an odd coincidence those three are the closest cities to Illinois. ;)

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

1) "in which Whitlock was late for" proves that even mullatards can have the best grammatical intentions. And still fail.

2) I also wish Whitlock would come back here.

3) That being said, if he's getting $500K from the Star, I'd eat my own asshole -- not because I don't believe it, but because it would depress me so much, eating my own asshole would make perfect sense.

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Does anyone know what tongue in cheek means? Dang ...

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

does it have anything to do with eating your own asshole?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Last fucking time I ever defend Wisconsin. Cockdian.

9. I think I speak for the entire class when I say that I dearly hope it never comes to this.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

As opposed to the Wal-Mart anywhere else in America?
    I have never been to a Wal-Mart where I didn't see at least one person with a bandage around his or her head. That and the waddles loading up their carts with snack cakes scare me off the place for another six or nine months, before I start feeling cheap and in search of another bargain.

11. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

The Kansas City Star is not paying ANYONE $500,000.

The publisher might have made that much in the time of big bonuses tied to Knight Ridder stock performance.

My guess for Posnanski and Whitlock would be closer to $180,000. This is, after all, the K.C. market. And they are letting Whitlock make a ton of money on outside endeavors, so he isn't even full time.

12. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Tongue in cheek + eat my own asshole = Tongue in butt cheek? Just trying to follow along.

Whitlock is just fine for what he does. I have zero problems with him. Same goes for Garry Howard. I don't know quite what it would be like to work for him, but I would have loved to have a professor like him a million years ago when I was in college.

Draft saved Draft deleted