1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mizzou question ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PeteyPirate, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Forgive me, I forgot.

... :D

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I thought the world had ended there for a minute...

Thanks for adhering to form... :D

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

More props for Sandy Davidson. Great class, great teacher. I also took her editorial writing course, which, as expected, was excellent.

I was in J200 the day The Maneater was banned from Mizzou football games because a guest columnist pissed off Corby and Curtis Jones (and Uncle Larry). Don Ranly (who has since retired, despite holding the title of the world's foremost authority on the comma) really seemed to enjoy that moment. Not so much because the 'Eater got in trouble, just because of the sheer amount of shit they managed to stir by calling someone a "waterboy."

Good times, good times.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I thought it was "there's no crying in football" piece... or is it the same one?

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Davidson and Charles Davis, the executive director of the National Freedom of Information Coalition, teach the class. I had Davidson. She was a great prof. Always kept things entertaining. If I'm not mistaken, she was on the original Golden Girls squad.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That is correct.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

My apologies...

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Charles Davis is a cool dude, too.

Anybody have Anna Romero for cross-cultural? Ugh.

Oh, yeah. FDP, you should tell your kid if he goes to Missouri to be sure and take Jim Sterling's two classes -- newspaper management and community newspaper. Easy classes, great dude. And he's NASCAR driver Carl Edwards' stepdad to boot.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I had Romero. She was, um... well.. bad. The only memorable moment is when she had this dude lecture about how reporters shouldn't act to get their story... to not throw slang around to inner city kids, etc.

So this goober writes this ridiculous song called "Are you with us? Or against us?" Only part I remember is the part about "Don't DeNiro. Don't DeNiro." I prefer to think that I've already repaid that ridiculousness on my loans, and now I'm paying off the good stuff. But I could be wrong.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Spencer (who was my advisor) died in 1988.

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

This thread really is making me thinking twice about going back to school.

Draft saved Draft deleted