1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mizzou coach Haith's job in jeopardy over Miami days

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 21, 2013.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I always was under the impression that Alden was virtually untouchable, because of his prowess at fundraising, facilities upgrades and that part of his job.

Although this, when coupled with the whiffing on Matt Painter on top of the whole Quin Snyder/Ricky Clemons saga, should be enough to at least make his seat a little warm.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd say between this and the below-expectations* season of the football team (combined with some known and rumored situations with Pinkel), it will be an interesting 12 months for Alden for sure.

*When I say below expectations, I'm not saying anyone thought they'd fight Alabama and LSU for SEC supremacy, but finishing so far behind A&M and losing to Vanderbilt and Syracuse at home did not leave a good taste.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Last weekend's hoops loss to Florida wasn't exactly a high point either.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yup. KU is fairly hit and miss on their first weekend. Although 8 FFs and 2 NCs in 28 years can drown that out.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

That Rhode Island team didn't have a single player or coach anyone has ever heard of.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Blue font?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He should be fired for nearly losing to Sakerlina. In a year where the SEC is utter shit, Mizzou has sunk to the depths of its brethren in short order.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And the NCAA's investigation into Miami has been compromised.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-announces-problems-miami-investigation-180509729--spt.html

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This could be a thread of its own. Couple this with the McNair suit in California and the pending Pennsylvania suit (though this one is probably without merit) and the NCAA is looking more foolish and inept than normal.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Mike Alden (out of the country, my ass) wipes his brow and goes, "Whew!"

Draft saved Draft deleted