1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mixing dating and work

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Craig Sagers Tailor, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I feel your pain, mate. But, like someone else said, her loss.

Years ago, I was good friends with a HS girls basketballl coach in the region I covered. Team was absolutely horrible and she told me so many funny stories that I wasn't allowed to print. One time, she confided she had lost players to "injuries, parental relocations, grades and pregnancy. When I told them we needed to score more, she apparently misunderstood what I meant."

Oooooh the discipline it took that took to avoid having that wind up in the weekly notebook.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You were asking her out for the first time and she said she doesn't want anything serious?

Ouch!

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

At least she didn't friendzone you.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe she posts here....

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Women's basketball coach, not interested in you? All signs point to gay.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

gay women = hot

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Red likes a challenge ... and flannel.

8. CR19

CR19 Member

and grossly oversized glasses.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

So you think this guy's gay and he doesn't know it yet?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So you asked her to lunch and she said she doesn't want anything serious?

That's when you should have said "Since when is a club sandwhich serious?"

It's not like you asked her to marry you. You should go back and punch her in the ribs.

11. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

We had a new reporter once and the first sports assignment I sent her on in a small town was to a curling seminar. It wasn't long until she was dating the instructor and now they're happily married, so I guess you never know when you're out there what could happen. Wish it was always that easy.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I was gonna say, if she was wishy washy, drop it. Guys, wishy washy usually means 'let you down easy.'

But I saw your update.

I would say not a great idea anyway.

Let's say the reporter was a woman, and the assistant coach was Josh McDaniels when he was with the Pats. Would everybody say, 'go for it'?

Why are the rules for preps any different from the rules for the pros? Journalism is journalism, yes?

Draft saved Draft deleted