1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mixed Drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Crown and Cherry Dr. Pepper.
    Vodka and Red Bull
    Every now and then, Captain and Coke.

Usually, just a Miller Lite. :)

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Same here. Got introduced to that a while back from a friend who set up a computer while he worked at a restaurant/bar so he could go wild.

Sidenote: I have never had all the ingredients for a bar. I've pretty much always stuck to beer and occasionally wine. What are some good staples to start with?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Tequilla Sunrise
    Peppermint Schnapps and hot chocolate
    7 and 7
    Crown and coke... although the last two aren't really hard to make.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you're going to serve fruit and booze in the same glass, make sure you have a supply of drink umbrellas.

Johnny Walker, Jameson, or, if someone buys it for me, Laphroaig, my favourite single malt whiskey.

Other than that, martinis are good and a Bloody Caesar always hits the spot.

I gave up Canada's favourite mixed drink, rye & ginger ale about forty years ago. Total shite

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Put ice in glass. Take bottle of Tanqueray, pour until it looks like a good amount. Open bottle of tonic water. Don't use the diet, that stuff is nasty. Pour to top. Cut up limes. Use Key limes if you can find them at the store because they are little and cute and taste better. Put in at least two, first rubbing the limes around the top edge of the glass to add to the enjoyment. Sit back and think about beaches and oceans.

I can make other drinks but rarely do. The fiance has recently gotten into white Russians so he's been making those and I occasionally make them for him. We ran out of Kahlua so he's been using my random bottle of Tia Maria I had. Oh, and if you're making these, use heavy cream, it tastes better than half and half or milk, God forbid. It doesn't matter about the type of vodka you use as you have all this other stuff in there.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, and I don't know if this qualifies as a "mixed drink" or not but Irish Car Bombs: Christmas in a glass.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We used to drink those in college and in my 20s. I haven't had one in a while, because I just get the feeling I am too old for ordering one of those in public, and going through the spectacle, but that is real goodness right there.

8. JackReacher

My buddy, still in his 20s, is addicted to ICBs. I drink one on St. Patty's Day usually, but I have no idea why. I don't like those fuckers. The drinks, I mean. :)

9. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Grey Goose + Orange Juice = Heaven.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

When enjoying a Gin/Tonic; always, Always, ALWAYS use Tanqueray. Ordered a Tanq/Tonic one night, and the gin tasted funny. I instantly knew that he used a different kind of gin. Sure as shit, he didn't have any Tanq behind the bar, only Beefeater.

Haven't ordered a drink from there since.

Crown/Coke
    Jack/Diet Coke
    Vodka/Cranberry

One other drink that will also do the trick is a 3 Wisemen.

Either in a shot, or a 6 oz. bigboy.

2 oz. Johnny Walker
    2 oz. Jim Beam
    2 oz. Jack Daniels

you can also add in their dirty mexican cousin Jose Cuervo to the mix......haven't done that one yet, though.

Did do a lot of the original one night. I heard I had a good time.

11. JackReacher

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

winner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted