1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt's own sworn testimony indicates he lied under oath

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Start thinking.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

So's your face.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Mitt Romney: Venture Capital Hall of Famer?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Over/under for how many posts before ruckus calls doctorquant a racist: 1.5.

[​IMG]

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And if this actually is true, then just move on. Henry said something abhorrent. I objected. Your third-man-in attempt solved nothing.

6. doctorquant

DQ has been called worse ... why some folks have stooped so low as to call him a [adopt whispered tone] ... Republican ... GAASP!

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

8. doctorquant

I agree ... Marshall lays out one band of the 95% confidence interval, and of course there's the other. It's all noise and thunder ... those who are inclined to see Romney as the garment-wearing, jobs-outsourcing Anti-son-of-the-unhwashed's-Supreme-Being are not going to be swayed, regardless of what Romney says, proffers or proves. Best for his campaign to just move on ... HA! Didja see what I did there?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If only Barack Obama had anything resembling a record he could run on, liberals wouldn't have to point out how Mitt Romney saved the Salt Lake Winter Games from 1999-2002.

10. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I don't think he can just keep stonewalling, though. If does play to arrogance.

And he's playing with fire. Eventually people are going to tune in, and if he keeps trying to run as the uncandidate, Obama will define him for the electorate.

11. doctorquant

Romney's already been defined for the portion of the electorate that'll really care about the surface of this story -- rich white guy thinks other people have to play by the rules. Actually, that portion won't care, because it was never going to vote for Romney. It's like the stupid stuff that the right wingers float around about the President ... as if those stories were actually going to make a difference to the people floating/reacting to them.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I disagree with that analysis, and here's why: The situations aren't the same. People know what they think of Obama, by and large. It's the advantage and curse of incumbency.

They don't know what they think of Romney. And his staff presumably knows the more they hear, generally, the less they like. So the whole shadow candidate thing isn't bad, at least through to a certain point.

But it doesn't seem, from this seat, that they actually have a plan for how to fill that void at some point. Perhaps I am underestimating them.

Getting elected is a two-step dance for Romney. He's gotta convince people they don't want Obama. And then he has to convince them he's the alternative. In the primaries, the Romney campaign showed some skill at the former -- aided by a massive pile of money.

They ain't showing me anything with regard to the latter. And Obama is the candidate the former will work least against.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.