1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt's own sworn testimony indicates he lied under oath

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Either he worked for Bain after 1999, as he's indicated under oath several times...

...or he didn't, as he's told the American people, and also the FEC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/mitt-romney-bain-departure_n_1669006.html

Which is it?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Democrats told us perjury isn't a crime a long time ago.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

But ... but ... but ... Mitt's a Republican. They always tell the truth. It's those damn ... Democrats ... yeah, Democrats ... they're the liars.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I have no idea what Romney and his campaign are thinking, but this isn't going to go away.

Get out in front of something, for once.

5. TigerVols

Reeks of arrogance on his part, if you ask me.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am only concerned if Willard-Mitt got BLOWJOBS!!

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now THIS I don't understand. What has Romney ever done to make you think he's arrogant? I mean, haven't you seen how he reacts with commonfolk?

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

yeah, but he wasn't lying about oral sex or weather or not something's a tax, so it's cool.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He doesn't care. And he's probably right. A few hundred million worth of ads will be enough to muddy the waters. This country's all about what you can get away with, and nothing else. Romney, in many ways, is a perfect President for our society.

10. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Is it that or simply being bad at this? Some of both, probably.

I don't understand not releasing his tax returns, either. You're going to have to. Might as well do it before most people are paying attention.

I think the tax thing must be arrogance. There's simply no way you can think you're gonna get away with releasing one return. Not for the last, what, 40 years?

11. TigerVols

Well, I stand corrected; momentarily I forgot that corporations are commonfolk too.

12. So the assertion is that Romney was able to both turn the 2002 Olympics around and at the same time run Bain? Christ - he's more capable then he's letting on. The guy must be some sort of superman!!!

All this shows is that the Obama people really don't understand how business works or how the economy is run.

Seriously - do Obama supporters really believe that all successful business people are criminals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.