1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Roughed Up On Fox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Obama will only be silent if the teleprompter goes out.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Far as I can tell the most significant difference between Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich is that Newt has a habit of marrying his mistresses. Oh, and Clinton's thinner.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Ha! What fresh material. Now do one about 57 states!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Remember, Newt is carrying the weight of the western world on his shoulders. His tendency for catastrophic, Armageddon-like pronouncements of everything will eventually wear thin. Too much hyperbole. Not to mention, his ego and constant pronouncements about how great he is (in case you don't believe him, he'll tell you again) will doom him among many voters, if the GOP doesn't tire of it before next summer.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Thank you. Newt's a friggin blowhard. I don't doubt- have never doubted- that he's smart, but that doesn't mean he's wise. If Americans were turned off on Al Gore sighing during debates, imagine the reaction when Newt puts his pontificating settings to "spout."

Additionally, let's not pretend that Newt's some off-the-cuff whiz, either.

But hey, if you want to help yet another flavor-of-the-week GOP candidate sell books, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when this one flames out like all the rest.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What was Newt's opinion(s) about Obama's actions in Libya?

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I watched the video on that website, the last quote was EXACTLY how I perceive Romney: an android created by East German scientists. He speaks so robotically, so rehearsed that it's almost as he isn't human in a way. It's odd.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Gingrich's history b.s. might catch up to him eventually.

He cherry-picks moments from history that support his worldview, much the way Bachmann and Palin like to do on a much less sophisticated level (almost always in regard to Constitutional interpretation).

Someone smart and ideologically opposed to him - like Obama - is going to be more than ready with opposing anecdotes to neutralize his too-convenient examples from history.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The problem with Newt is that he'll only be able to run on the economy against Obama, which, while it's the biggest issue, is also one that can be up for the most neutralized debate (Tax cuts!!!, Um, we tried your way already, didn't work").

Two of the other main things that a GOP candidate has historically run on is "Family values" and foreign policy. Newt won't be able to criticize Obama on foreign policy because of Obama's success, and he won't be able to claim he has better family values because of his past.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's safe to say "Family Values" will not be a topic of much discussion if Newt gets the nomination.

11. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I didn't know it was Fox's job to hurt or help any of the candidates. If a candidate is going to step in it, that his or her problem. I wish all news networks would ask the tough questions of ALL candidates....on both sides.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Huntsman comes out with attack ad, showing the Romney flips Baier referenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y7kog1CjzcY

Draft saved Draft deleted