1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Roughed Up On Fox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If he can't handle a Fox interview wait till he gets to MSNBC.

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/196299-dnc-continues-attacking-romney-after-disastrous-interview

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You always hurt the one you love. The one you shouldn't hurt at all.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's not a particularly good campaigner. He lost big in a Republican sweep year in 1994, and only won in Massachusetts in 2002 because his opponent Shannon O'Brien was perhaps the worst campaigner in the state' history, a bumbling old line insider Mass Irish pol who just happened to be a woman. Since the major (and as far as can be told, accurate) element of Romney's pitch to Republicans is that he's the candidate with the best chance to beat Obama, appearances like these are especially damaging.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Go ahead Fox, hurt the only candidate who, at this point, can realistically challenge the President. Please do.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd wager the one who lost to Scott Brown was worse.

6. Football_Bat

I'm almost certain the GOP is willing to write off the White House if it means shoring up the undercard and taking the Senate and holding the House.

If Romney wins, he may have negative coattails and cause the House to flip back to the Dems while the Senate will be a close call.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Follow-up questions? How rude!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA

8. Football_Bat

Mitt has nothing to fear as long as Ron Paul is running picks.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/paul-campaign-releases-attack-ad-aimed-at-gingrich/

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I liked the comment about Romney coming off as if he was "designed by East German scientists to be the perfect android politician." An apt description, he just seems so fucking plastic and artificial.

Still can't believe this shit salad is the best field of candidates Republicans could come up with. Not long ago I was very concerned about Obama's re-election chances. I feel far better about it now--and not because of anything Obama's done.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It still cracks me up that the most conservative candidate, at least based on objective metrics, is somehow considered the most moderate and a borderline RINO. A lot of it is his own campaign's fault, but still.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, actually Martha Coakley, who blew her race to Brown big-time, is a better campaigner than O'Brien. After losing in January, Coakley was the highest-vote getter in the state in the 2010 elections in her Attorney General re-election campaign. Go figure. Coakley lost because she did not do nearly enough to get core Democrats to turn out in the cities, depending on her popularity with suburban women. Bad idea.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's analogous to why serious movies don't play well anymore. We've become all about show with little substance.

Mitt is a stiff that try's too hard not to look like one which makes him look like even a bigger stiff. Again the Republican John Kerry.

Draft saved Draft deleted