1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney- questions for the would-be citizens of Mass and those who are

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 6, 2007.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yawn,

As a native of the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I'll answer your question.
    No.
    Has nothing to do with gay marriage, nothing to do with Mormonism. I just don't think the guy was a good governor, nor was I much enamored of him going around the country pandering to reactionary morons like you by bashing his "home" state every chance he got.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Even if he did live in Idaho, Yawn's "facts" are not entirely true. Idaho is starting to swing back toward its democrat roots.
    Hey Yawn even in one of the most red states in the nation they elected a homosexual state senator, how does that make you feel?

3. The Spud Stud!

4. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Of course, it wasn't like he had anyone to run against. Shannon O'Brien didn't exactly move the crowds back in '02. If anyone of any substance came forward to challenge him, I'm still convinced he would have been beaten like a drum.

And I'll echo STLIrish--the reason that the great majority of Massachusetts thinks he's shite now is that while he was prepping for his presidential run, he went from red state to red state killing us. Nexis some of those speeches--the general theme was "I want (fill in social cause here), but those crazy LIE-berals back in Massachusetts won't let me get it. Aren't they crazy?"

5. printdust

printdust New Member

I find it absolutely amazing that about five people constantly hammering out paranoid posts about our government, country, Middle East agenda are ALWAYS right. If there were that many geniuses on here, certainly, they'd have a blog or better still, Washington clout. That, I doubt. So this is all a bunch of windbag expel, no matter how you cut it. It's FOX NEWS without the butting in.

Draft saved Draft deleted