1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney in airplane slap-fest with semi-celebrity rappers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would never think of putting a seat back on someone regardless. It's just not something you do.

There is a special place in hell for those that do.
    My feeling is if they are going to make me uncomfortable then they will be too with my tried and true process of annoyance.

1- air blower directed towards them full bore
    2- top of NY Times casually folding on to back of their head.
    3 - well placed knee driving seat back and forth as I move
    4 the clincher - getting up and driving shoulder into seat as they take a sip of hot coffee. oops - sorry

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

After going out for dinner with the wife last night and getting my bench kicked by two little kids for 30 minutes, I certainly thought of going Romney on them.
    Mine would have included more 'bows, though.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is why when I liked to fly Southwest when the kids were little and would grab those facing seats in the back. Kept the little crumb crushers from being able to kick the seats of the people in front.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My personal favorite on recliners in front of me is to wait until they are asleep and nail their seat with my hip. They encroach on the airspace above my knees so they are fair game.

Fuckers.

5. Boom_70

What you do is put your inside hand on top of seat and push forward as you get up. As seat bounces back a quick turn of your hip will send it flying back again as you head to bathroom. Repeat on way back into seat.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I’m not saying that it doesn’t seem like good manners to do so. I’m merely saying that I’ve never heard of it. I know there are plenty of people that fly more often than I, but I do a fair amount of it and have just never heard a person give a warning that their seat was going back.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In many instances, it comes down to a question of degree. Not being able to recline at all on a flight of any length is torturous. I've typically been able
    to come to a meeting of the minds if the individual behind me objects strenuously.
    A patron has every right to recline. Whether a patron has the right to torture
    the person behind them by reclining to the maximum extent allowed on a lengthy
    flight is the point of the debate.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm also a fan of taking full advantage of the tray table.
    With a small push down or in on the table, the person in front of you -- if he/she is bigger than 85 pounds -- is going to feel it in their rib cage. I've had to use that a few times in the past couple years when I fly. I find it highly effective.

9. Boom_70

I find the tray to obvious with little impact. It's a more jarring blow with hip or shoulder as you get out of seat.

Draft saved Draft deleted