1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney in airplane slap-fest with semi-celebrity rappers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If that was the case, then Romney should have just left it up to the flight crew. Why was he getting involved in the first place?

Sky Blu on the left and LMFAO partner Redfoo on the right...
    [​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They look like they need to be slapped.

This might boost Mitt's popularity to near-Sarah Palin level.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Please tell me there are not that many crazy Americans.

Blue font?

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of hitting people who belong to music groups named after internet acronyms, whether provoked or not.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that virtually 100 percent of Sarah Palin worshipers would approve the slapping of these guys. And, yes, they are all Crazy Americans. Or just trying to get in her pants.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When it comes to reclining seat issues on planes, there can't be enough violence served out to the recliners.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'll give you that 'Amen' you're looking for. People who can't even be bothered to say 'seat back' before reclining are taking their lives in their own hands.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why do I think Webster is taller than 6'?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm a fairly tall guy. I travel a good number of times on planes. So with that, I am wondering where you have heard "seat back". I've never heard it.

I haven't heard it on international flights. I haven't heard it going to San Antonio or Cincinnati. Heck even on a short flight from DC, this isn't stated.

People put their seat back and you deal. My legs getting whacked is annoying but it changes little. The person was going to put their seat back. Just about everybody does. It is something that should be expected at this point.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

6'4" and generally good natured.

But I will completely ruin my enjoyment of a flight sticking my knee so that the person in front of me can't recline too far. My wife (who is more than a foot shorter) has even offered to sit in front on planes because she knows how this gets me in a mood. The closest I ever got to violence on a plane was with the parents of a 9 year old in front of me on a Virgin flight to London. She wanted to move the seat way back but we were packed so tight back that I blocked the road back with my knee. They called the flight attendant over, words got pretty heated and they ended up switching her so that she was in front of my wife. The mother (who is now in front of me) then spends the next hour trying to jam the seat back to no avail. When I get up to use the restroom, she has moved the seat all the way back to the point where I can't even sit down and placed a blanket over her head like she was asleep. So I reached over the row to her armrest and moved her seat up. Chaos ensued.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What airplanes are you flying on?

I'm 6'0" and never have thought that 1-2 inches was going to be the end of the world when a person did it in front of me.

Now if you go back and forth when food is on the tray and it spills, then I would get mad.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It should also be expected for a person putting their seat back to give the person whose space they are about to invade a heads-up, especially if they have the tray table down. It's common courtesy.

'Seat back' was the term used when I spent a summer touring the US on a not-too-spacious bus — not asking permission, just telling the person behind you they are about to lose some space. Maybe I'm just the Miss Manners of the skies, but I'd rather utter two simple words as a warning than just take that space and assume the other party is expecting it.

Draft saved Draft deleted