1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney -- I Warned Y'all

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 8, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So if we don't help Mitt's campaign we don't support the country? Egad! I'm sure Mitt's a good person, but the guy is perfect for Iowa, Prof. Harold Hill with Brylcream. I'll he's missing is the boy's band and a big suitcase.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, I guess maybe it's an updated version of the old "Americans would never vote for a Catholic" when Kennedy ran.

3. Maybe, during the phony dollars-for-votes straw poll this weekend, Mitt and his five sons can run into some of the descendants of these five sons of Iowa.
    http://www.castletown.com/Brothers.htm

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I have to add this: I'm walking out of the main library downtown (DSM) last week, after checking out Season 1 of Ironside. I didn't realize it but I damn near bumped into Mitt. He was doing his daily run through downtown. As humid as it was, he wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts as he was heading down Grand Avenue.

It hit me as I got into the car: as much facetime these candidates get here in Iowa, these guys (and gal) should consider themselves fortunate that we in here Iowa don't give them the star treatment like those front-runners in L.A. give to anyone and anything, including the Beckhams.

We look at them as visitors or just another Joe we walk past everyday.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, people in LA fall all over themselves when they see celebrities. They're just not used to seeing famous people, you see.

Now, Iowa, on the other hand . . . . .

6. D-3 Fan

Two of his boys did RAGBRAI and Edwards did it too.

But, it's funny because the same day Edwards did his bike jaunt with Lance Armstrong heading to Waterloo/Cedar Falls, the 1-33rd arrived home in Waterloo after three years in Iraq to one of the largest Iowa troop welcome home ceremony since WWII and not one candidate bothered to show up and wax poetic about them.

I just thought it was interesting to notice that.

Piotr, go ahead and finish the sentence. I don't mind it the ribbing!! ;)

7. Retarded Asshole Gay Boys Regional Aryan Institution?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa.

Eh, not so much.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I knew Mass. was progressive and all, but I never dreamt they'd create a whole new gender...

10. Thanks for the RAGBRAI info, Bat.
    You sweet thing, you.

11. D-3 Fan

Fen, that was the nicest thing you have wrote all day. I'm proud of you!!! There is crack within that little ball of hate inside of you. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted