1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney -- I Warned Y'all

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Ouch.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Depends where they come from in Scotland. Get a Glaswegian drunk (happens most every night) as a skunk and he might as well be speaking Urdu.

In a pinch, Huggy does the best Scottish accent of anybody I know. Cracks me up every time.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mormon'ized.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This a serious question.
    Would Americans ever vote for a Mormon for President?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dennis Kucinich is cute as a button, like Tom Cruise, but all grown up.
    And Richardson won't likely be veep, a cabinet level position like, maybe, secretary of state? The only way Rchardson gets the veep slot is if Wesley Clark passes and I don't think that he will.

And to answer JR's question, only if the other choice is Hillary. And even then it won't be enough.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It would be tough, but it's especially tough for a Mormon running in the wake Shrub.

Whoever gets the Republican nomination is going to have some serious water to carry for the evangelical leadership (Note to mouthbreathers: I didn't say "evangelicals".) who feel like they got used by Rove to win the election and then forgotten. (The first half of that is obviously true, the second half depends a lot more on your perspective.)

Romney being Mormon likely hurts him on both flanks as well as in the middle somewhere.

Of course, being a political chameleon and pathological liar hurts him most of all.

Of course, as much as people -- particularly around here, I must add with a bit of a puzzled tone -- like to throw around the "Americans will never vote for a black man, a Mormon, a woman..." meme, the reality is that it's a very good possibility they'll end up with the choice of a woman and a Mormon, or a black man and a Mormon. In which case, someone will win.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I know I could vote for one, if I liked the candidate (sorry, Mitt). I think Gary from South Park summed it up nicely:

"Look, maybe us Mormons do believe in crazy stories that make absolutely no sense, and maybe Joseph Smith did make it all up, but I have a great life. and a great family, and I have the Book of Mormon to thank for that. The truth is, I don't care if Joseph Smith made it all up, because what the church teaches now is loving your family, being nice and helping people. And even though people in this town might think that's stupid, I still choose to believe in it. All I ever did was try to be your friend, Stan, but you're so high and mighty you couldn't look past my religion and just be my friend back. You've got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls."

9. I think I must speak up on another issue with Romney. This man put a dog on the roof of his fucking car! For a 12-hour car ride! (I'm too lazy to find the link to the story.) The dog, probably scared out of his mind, actually defecated on the car during the trip.

One of Mitt's Donny Osmond sperm squirts told the story on a blog, with the story supposed to be a funny little ditty on growing up Romney.

Fuck Vick. Fuck Romney. I love puppies!

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

While Fen is on his Democratic overdose, the Univ. of Iowa poll shows that Mitt is widening his gap between his opponents three days before the Ames Straw Poll (courtesy of the DSM Register, 8/8/07).

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney=Chevy Chase

12. ]

Of course, Giuliani and McCain (I believe) are not participating in the poll, or something like that. Romney's been blowing his load (money-wise) on ads all around the state to ensure a victory in an attempt to ride momentum/good pub.

Draft saved Draft deleted