1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney -- I Warned Y'all

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Pope, in the words of the crusty guy from that old Michael J. Fox/Brian DePalma anti-war vehicle, you have "illuminated the terrain on which we currently find ourselves deployed." I reckon the truth in that.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Maybe there's some confusion regarding what I wrote. I was talking about the original George Bush, the 1988-1992 president. His background as a WWII pilot and his part in the Reagan-era attempt to build a 600-ship Navy certainly played well among a lot of swabbies.

And Boom, are you still shitting off at the mouth? Don't you ever get tired of it?

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Guy, you say that you are going to vote for the best person on foreign policy. That's fine and all, except for the fact that our current foreign policy of attacking "them" over there first is fucked up beyond belief. I just finished a book call "Three Cups of Tea" (I wish I had read it much earlier) and it was very illuminating as to how bad America is missing the ball on its foreign policy.

At the heart of all this is education, and the thousands of schools in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan run by extremist Muslim sects. There's a large number of Muslims who don't hate America, but that number will dwindle as we continue to fight in places like Iraq and Iran instead of trying to combat the education problem. We royally fucked up in Afghanistan. We went in as liberators and promised much to the people there, instead we left them holding the check when we decided to Iraq. We didn't give much of the help we promised and that allowed the Taliban and other extremist groups to regain their footholds there.

I don't know exactly how to rectify the problem, but I know attempting to bomb them into oblivion isn't going to work.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Senor Bush's greatly embellishable war record remains under a great deal of question, like so many things surrounding the greater area of this administration.

Fenian has defended Pop Bush's war record here in discussions before. I won't. I believe it's more sleight of hand from this bunch.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What are you suggesting - that he was not shot down ?

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

LJB is probably referring to the questions raised in a 1992 Sidney Blumenthal article in The New Republic.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well that's certainly a reliable source.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hey now, did you jack my Brewster's Millions reference from another thread?

Man I love that movie!

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, what it sounds like to me is he didn't have any core principles or was young and still in the process of forming his core principles, so he could be molded like a piece of clay by the "rather liberal woman."

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good article on Romney re: Iowa straw poll and what it all meant, in the new The Economist.

11. Personally, I'm dying for this guy in the White House.

http://wonkette.com/politics/dept%27-of-the-family-circus/washington-needs-mike-huckabees-son-267358.php

What is it about the kids of Republican candidates?
    What is it about Republican families -- Mitt, Judi Giuliani, and this cluck -- with dogs? When's Michael Vick announcing?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sweet fucking Christ, you are an absolute prick when it comes to politics.

Draft saved Draft deleted