1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney -- I Warned Y'all

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 8, 2007.

1. The biggest fake who ever ran for this office.
    Here jhe is today, In Iowa:

"BETTENDORF, Iowa - Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Wow.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Classy.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why would he let himself get taken down that road?

Somewhere, a media relations person drafts a letter of resignation.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Biggest EVER? I mean he's on the list, sure, but ever?

Of course I don't believe a word he says about anything.

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

[​IMG]
    You stay classy, Mitt Romney

6. I know it's reckless of me, FH, but I watched him run against Ted Kennedy and I know what he said about every issue in those races and what he's saying about them now. It's not trimming. It's a complete 360. And this latest quote should be paired with the one he gave the Boston Globe wherein he said, when he was on his mission in France, he really felt bad that he wasn't slogging through 'Nam. Both are equally believable.
    The man is, well, he's a foof.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

360?

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Can't disagree with you on any of those points, FB. Romney is a nightmare possibility, but I just can't see him getting very far.

9. Careful, James, he's got more money than god. And there's nobody breaking out. I can see him being everybody's second choice very easily.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I think we're getting the real Mitt now; everything he said in his Senate and gubernatorial races was just an act. The Mormon Damien Thorne fooled a lot of Massachusetts voters.
    If I want to put a thug in the White House, I'll vote for Guiliani. At least he's a little more intellectually honest.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oh I've heard all of what he said too. Like I said, I don't believe a word he says about anything. For being a good religious man, he sure seems to do an awful amount of lying at one time or another. I'd vote for Ron Paul or Lyndon Larouche before I voted for Romney.

Oh, and perhaps you meant a 180? But yeah, the point stands, he's a complete joke. Eventually when people start caring about an election more than a year away, the scrutiny will tear him apart.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted