1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitchell, Conte and Canseco tonight on Nightline

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Creamora,
    Serious question because you seem to know a lot about this stuff.
    Do you know Conte?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and conte's fame is that he bought bathtub PEDs from a chemist who was short on cash? it may as well been crank. why don't you define the definition of the word dealer for me creamy. then go ahead and tell me if conte fits that mold.

there's users and there's dealers, and dealers are the biggest pieces of shit on the planet.

3. creamora

creamora Member

This is an anonymous message board.

Mr. Petty. You might want to have your blood pressure checked. You provide some great entertainment here and I consider you to be like a favorite playground director.

4. Moderator1

Huh? I'm aware it is anonymous. I just asked if you knew the dude.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It is "They're," not "There."

And why would they consult me? I'd tell them they have their heads up their asses. Conte's not wrong. He's just not saying anything millions of "non experts" couldn't tell the clowns at mlb. This doesn't give Conte credibility. It just makes him an ex-steroid dealer who is keeping his mug in the news because he's readily accessible and eager for the publicity.

Conte has nothing to offer. This is his genius: He found a chemist who was able to tweak compounds and create undetectable drugs (if they don't know about it, they can't develop a test for it). He picked up a few tricks here and there about masking steroid use. And he found some athletes who were willing to do business with him. Everything he knows is already out in the open--it's stuff even I, a neophyte when it comes to steroid use has an understanding of. So unless he is doing something else illicit and illegal, and he surely isn't going to share that info, what expertise does he have to offer? His 15 minute ended. Now he's just the latest freak show Martin Bashir latched onto. Thank god, Bashir didn't do 8 months with Conte, the way he did with Michael Jackson.

6. creamora

creamora Member

And my answer is that I may or may not. Dude. Are the the one who determines who answers what questions here?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and that's the asinine thing about you, you silly little man. if you think your childish self serving stupidity fires me up in the least, you're high. i simply hit the show replies to your posts button, see what ignorant shit came from your fingertips, reply, and then hit the button again and move on.

hell, i just learned a few minutes ago that spnited went to all three ny city ballparks back in the day. that's good stuff. i replied appropriately. you post ignorant shit. i post appropriately. it's that simple.

it's not all about you, really. something tells me you were a momma's boy.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He asked a simple yes or no question. He didn't shine a spotlight on you and start pulling out your toe nails. Easy answers might have included, "Yes," "no," or "I really don't want to answer that."

"Are you the one who determines who answers what questions here?" smacks of a guy in a police interrogation room, whose heart is pumping at 176 beats per minute before they even walk in the room and start asking him questions.

Take a deep breath, creamora. You asked for drug recommendations... Maybe some valium to go with the zinc, magnesium and clomid?

9. creamora

creamora Member

Mr. Petty. You sound like you must be a tough guy. I certainly don't want to mess with you. You're probably Ragu's workout partner and I've already seen the size of his big biceps. I'll attempt to change my attitude immediately.

Ragu, thanks for the spelling lesson. You are certainly a bright guy. I'm impressed with your depth of knowledge.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When JDV came here, he was all bluster and bullcrap, loudmouth ramblings and snarky replies when challenged. I understood the ganging up and the - what's the pretty, no-fault, term? - "Mocking!" of him. I don't like it, but I get it.

In creamora's case, he brings information with little bluster, though a fair amount of pomposity. Some rather respected posters are content to give him the time of day and note that his posts likely contain some very interesting tidbits that could be followed up on by interested journalists.

Yet certain posters - usually including two I respect, and a mod who should know better - just can't leave the guy be. Interested parties like to read the dude; why pollute his threads with arguments? And the "hey man, he mentioned me first!! I gotta defend MYSELF!!" answer holds no water. This isn't the damn 5th-grade playground.

That said, creamora, please answer Moddy's question. Maybe through PMs if you want to stay anonymous. You get a lot of unnecesary crap around here; don't be resistant to those who show respect and ask honest questions. Moddy deserves satisfaction.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

correct. i supply ragu with a clear cream that he applies after workouts. his head, feet, chest and arms have been growing like crazy. but i'm running low, though. do you know where i can restock my supply, like a dealer or something?

12. Moderator1

Nope. Besides, well, never mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted