1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitchell, Conte and Canseco tonight on Nightline

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Dec 13, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you may very well know more about the details, but that is meaningless if your word cannot be trusted. Great, we have your word that you only post the truth. That and the quarter sitting on my desk are worth 25 cents.

2. creamora

creamora Member

What the World Anti-Doping Agency's Dick Pound told the Associated Press about his recent meeting with Victor Conte.

"We talked about the macro and systemic problems and his perspective on that, his thoughts on how we could get better at what we do."

Pound also sees Conte as a credible source despite his past. "He's credible in the sense of knowing what has happened and what was going on," Pound said.

What Pound told CBC Sports about the meeting:

Pound, who is leaving WADA at year's end, considers Conte to be a credible source. "He was right there at the cutting edge of a lot of this stuff." "In that sense, talking with someone who knows what he's talking about, I take him at his word, it's part of something he did in the past." "That's behind him and he would like to now do what he can to make things work better."

Hmmm. The top anti-doping expert in the world says that Conte is a credible source. Imagine that. Maybe Pound was drunk or something.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If you're holding up Dick Pound as proof of your credibility, you've already lost.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dick Pound is not so much a name as it is an activity.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what a desperate cry for attention. pathetic, actually.

get some professional help, chief.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

conte: i'm going to die homeless, penniless, and 30 pounds overweight.

-- with a very special thank you to al franken.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

petty: get a grip already.

8. creamora

creamora Member

There's no effort for attention being made. I was simply providing information for purposes of discussion. Pound may be considered as someone who would understand whether a person is credible or not regarding the issue of drug use in sport. But who knows, the tag team of outof place, Mr.Petty and Ragu may be much more qualified to assess and determine someone's credibility regarding their knowledge of doping.
    However, it may also be possible that these three message board experts are actually closer to the three stooges.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Please stop obsessing over me. I've never randomly brought up creamora up on a thread, the way you keep randomly bringing my user name into your posts. If you want to respond to something I have specifically said in a post, go ahead. It's the way I have typically responded to you on here.

In any case, my "credibility" on an anonymous message board comes down to my posts. Just as your credibility comes down to your posts. You really think you are putting me down by continually trying to mock my credibility relative to Victor Conte's (man, do you set the bar high, by the way!), based on my anonymous message board posts? You really need some help. They probably have drugs that can help with the obsessions. They seem to have drugs for everything nowadays. You should look into it, dude.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just want some hgh.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, not a cry for attention. roger that.

also, look at what pound said. he also called conte a criminal, did he not?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

21: go babysit someone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted