1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitch Albom's new book

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 27, 2009.

1. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

Wow. Guy writes best-selling novels, writes a regular newspaper column, hosts a daily radio program, appears regularly on television, and gets mocked for it by people whose greatest accomplishment in life is posting 33,000 times on a message board.

Grow up. You think Mitch has lost his fastball? Fine. You hate him for the Final Four column? Go ahead. But I'll say the same thing about Albom that I say about Reilly -- maybe if you guys showed a little of the same work ethic that got these guys where they are, perhaps one day you could approach something remotely resembling the same success.

2. And you know this how?

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

For those who dislike Mitch's work, like myself, the turnoff is his arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude. Work ethic? Hey, the guy works hard. It's what he does when he works hard that is bothersome.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I would guess there are about a dozen old Jewish guys lining up in Michigan or New Jersey ready to offer themselves as fodder for Mitch's next "authentic" book of conversations.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I can write trite crap too. I'm ready for the book tour.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My biggest accomplishment was making the bacon explosion. Call me when Mitch pulls that off, and we can talk.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Does anybody else remember the Mitch Watch e-mail newsletter? Man, that was fun reading.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Now that is funny. Just remember, it's all in the marketing, not in the work.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The only demerit I give Mitch was the Final 4 column. The rest of his body of work speaks for itself. I think he'd be a fun guy to have a beer or two with. (I haven't read one of his books, but have been known to read his columns or features.).

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Very nicely done. And Mitch wouldn't have found that pumpkin art.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Amen. Chill out, dude. You have no idea what any of us have or haven't accomplished. And unless you work in a newsroom with any of us, you certainly aren't qualified to comment on our work ethic.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

They do that every week with that section.

Draft saved Draft deleted