1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitch Albom conducts another imaginary interview at the FF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oh, but it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. And if it feeeeels good, does it really hurt anyone?

Excuse me, but now I'm going to run outside and catch me some butterflies, pick some dandelions, and maybe try to reach the end of a rainbow.

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It's such a simple job, too.

Drag ass to Final Four venue.

Go to food area.

Get drink.

Go to seat.

Watch game (or watch those fans in the stands he wrote about last year).

Rush back at halftime to see if there are cookies.

Watch rest of game.

Do interviews.

Write the awesome stuff he's capable of.

Mitch, you're a lazy bastard.

Signed,
    Everyone in Podunk towns across the country who wouldn't mind having his job.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed...

and thanks for the kick in the ass, Fens... I feel much better.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Today, with the eyes of a nation, the focus of the college basketball world, numerous compelling storylines, all focused on Detroit, Mitch comes up with a feature on the centerfield fountain at Comerica Park.

(Although to give him credit, he did talk to a human being. One. Mike Ilitch. Nine whole sentences.)

http://www.freep.com/article/20090405/COL01/904050437/Detroit+Three+find+hope+in+centerfield

::) ::)

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I daresay the Free Press's new non-daily schedule means that a good number of Mitch's columns are written well in advance of publication-like a week plus.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In fairness, it was his "early" column for features, due on Friday like always. And we all remember what happened the last time he tried writing about Basketball for his early column.
    And it is kind of a cool thing Ilitch is doing -- tho concession prices will probably rise to make up for it.

In his game column, tho, you kept wondering if jizz cums in green....

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Mitch only jizzes if a book deal is involved. Then his jizz is green.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hadn't read the classic fabricated column for a couple years, but this graf jumped out at me:

Seems like every single basketball player who talks to Mitch has to borrow money to buy his lunch. ::) ::)

[​IMG]

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This is the Slappy I've been missing. And who will forget arguin about Mitch's fabrication throughout the night. Beats working all night, anyway ...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lunch money don't grow on trees, ya know...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tomorrow's column: Spare us your pity, it's not Detroit's fault... (Don't pity Detroit, but Marquise Gray is from "hardscrabble" Flint)

http://www.freep.com/article/20090405/COL01/90405041/Pride+not+pity+should+be+Detroit+s+Final+Four+legacy+

Draft saved Draft deleted