1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mistakes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

We also had an all-timer ad at that same place once for a hair-growth product. They reversed the photos and showed the "before" guy full of hair and "after" guy completely bald. They lost the client.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Regret the Error's 2005 Correction of the Year was this:

"The Denver Daily News would like to offer a sincere apology for a typo in Wednesday’s Town Talk regarding New Jersey’s proposal to ban smoking in automobiles. It was not the author’s intention to call New Jersey ‘Jew Jersey.’ "

3. Babs

Babs Member

I can't compete with these. Thank god.

4. WS

WS Member

the other day I accidentally had two towns mixed up (typed in a different town that started with the same letter as the one he's from) when I said a kid finished third in a home run derby. Small mistake, no biggie, but you hate it when that happens.

Didn't some paper put out a high school tab featuring a running back that was killed in a car wreck a few months earlier?

Draft saved Draft deleted