1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missouri beat writer -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Apr 10, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

I imagine the Post-Dispatch already has its hire in mind. Anyway, posted:

https://lee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is looking for a candidate to cover the University of Missouri sports programs. Preferred candidate will have at least five years of experience as the lead writer on a sports beat. Candidate will need to produce consistently for the print edition while keeping our website fresh daily with news updates and blog postings. We are looking for someone who can bring new ideas to how we cover this beat and who can offer suggestions on how we increase the visibility of our Mizzou coverage on digital platforms.

We have a strong preference that this candidate reside in or near the Columbia area so that we have near-instant access to the university for breaking news and overall coverage.

Please attach resume, at least five writing samples, links to any online undertakings and at least three references.

Lee Enterprises, owner of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for advancement.

2. Methinks there's a very good candidate already covering Mizzou at a different publication who will be plugged into this gig soon enough.

3. alanpagerules

alanpagerules Member

When you call it up: "The job is no longer available."

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Football Scribe IS that person... lol

I suspect people are right here. They had to have known Vahe was leaving for a while.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

who.
    who.
    who.

people are who, not that.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Funny... on Lee's direct website I can still access the job description and everything that goes with it. Take it with a grain of salt, however. I have issues with Lee's website on my system and I don't know if it is because of Firefox.

7. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Who's the sports editor these days?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Roger Hensley and Don Reed.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Moved back up to fill people in:

Dave Matter, who has covered Missouri athletics for 14 years at the Columbia Daily Tribune, is joining the Post-Dispatch as the Mizzou beat writer. He will be writing from Columbia, according to his Twitter feed, so he'll get to stay in town.

Congratulations, Dave!!

10. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

And the the first in-state Missouri beat domino falls.

11. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Easy choice. Slam dunk. Congrats to Dave.

12. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Which other dominos do you think will fall?

Draft saved Draft deleted