1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi State beat writers vs Louisiana-Lafayette

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 6, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Does it seem harsh? Yes. But I'm going to have to save my empathy for all those people in this business who don't do anything approaching that and still get terminated.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

FWIW, Stevens is from Illinois.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Don't try to pin this one on us. I think he's from Wisconsin?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's an Eastern Illinois grad.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm aware. But I think he's from Oconomowoc (sp?)

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The same ethnic group that proudly refers to itself as "coonasses" and is hardly known for taking itself too seriously. I thought Cajuns had thicker skin than that.
    Sounds like Stevens had the bad misfortune to run afoul of the Cajun Al Sharpton.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The fact that the general feeling is "eh, it's not so bad for radio" says so much about radio.

That is some shitfuck dumb-ass talking that you'd be embarrassed to have played back for you and realized you had uttered after eight drinks at the bar on a Friday night.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sports talk radio is a cesspool today. Seems like too many morons trying to outdo one another. Embarrassing.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The truth is U. La La is a jumped-up directional college in the Sun Belt Conference with an administration and fan base that has this delusional belief that if they just call themselves the University of Louisiana often enough that it'll somehow put them on a par with LSU. Would love to see Ole Miss hand the Cajuns their (coon) asses tonight.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There are no "guardians" around to patrol it. Much like many newspaper web sites.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong academically with UL-La ... I have a friend who was denied tenure there and his record was pretty good, certainly good enough to warrant tenure at plenty of name-brand places. And had his record been strong enough for UL-La, it'd have been ballpark good enough for LSU.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Beat writers should generally avoid it, too. Why they continue to share all of their opinions and stories on the fucking radio, usually for free, is beyond me. The ego boost?

Draft saved Draft deleted