1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi schools' tolerance on display again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Aug 21, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This happens in more places than you think, but anyone who has any handle on the law should know better.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

93Devil is right. Many people don't say the pledge. I personally have a problem with the last six words.
    It happened in Mississippi but could've happened in New York, Pennsylvania, Oregon or any other state.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

People are jailed for it all the time, eh?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Everywhere there is a Jehovah Witness you will find someone who does not stand for the pledge.

Drip, I was referring people who think they are wrapping themselves in a Flag, but instead are covering what the Flag represents.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Constitution for which it stands, under which Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, with liberty and justice for all, including me."

Draft saved Draft deleted