1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi hoops coach arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I thought the old adage is that nothing good happens after 2 a.m. (although I disagree with that, too; I've had MANY good things happen to me after 2 a.m.).

at any rate, these guys beat the 2 a.m. gun by 10 minutes.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

C'mon. Enough already.
    The SEC is perennially one of the top basketball and all-sports conferences in all the land.
    You know better!

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's recently in basketball. Not until Florida kicked ass has the SEC not been looked beyond football and swimming.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Kentucky was so damn good in hoops and so damn awful in football.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That picture on the right, second from the top...is that from this year's VMI game? Or last year against Gardner-Webb?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Track and field? Baseball? Softball? Golf?

It's not bad at most sports, but some suck — like this season is men's basketball. It's young and bad.

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Like most seasons in basketball.

Hell, if it weren't for UK, some occasional Miss. St. teams and Florida of late, the SEC would be totally full of fail on the basketball side of things.

You could argue that no division in all of college basketball is as devoid of coaching talent as the SEC West. Rick Stansbury, Mark Gottfried and Jeff Lebo? All coaching in a major conference? Hahahahaha. That's a joke, right?

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's not that he was out late...it was that he was out late while on a road trip with his team. It's called acting professionally and setting a good example.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's irrelevant.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I like what Kennedy (assuming he's OK) and Pelphrey are building in the West. But other than that, yeah, it's pretty bad.

The East has some coaches, though. Just too much youth this season.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, now the local NBC affil has acquired the cops' dashcam video of Kennedy's arrest. They've released part of it (http://www.wlwt.com/video/18607298/index.html) with Kennedy playing the "Do you know who I am?" card.

In a bush league move, they're teasing the rest of the video big-time ("You can't believe what happens next!, but holding off on airing it until 11 p.m. news on Sunday. What a crock of shit. If you've got it, report it instead of trying to sensationalize it. (Especially on a six-week-old arrest.)

Draft saved Draft deleted