1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi-based freelancer/stringer in Starkville June 7-8

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jim Mashek, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

Yes, SportsJournalists.comers, I'll be making the four-hour drive from Biloxi to Starkville later this morning to put together some Mississippi State baseball stories.

They're playing Florida in the heat of the day in an NCAA super regional starting Friday.

My guess is they'll be traveling on Wednesday, but I won't be headed south until some point after then.

I have a good relationship with MSU coach John Cohen and two or three of the players, and plan to accumulate two or three days' worth of preview material for my new website, jimmashek.com.

If you're a Florida paper, in particular, and you're looking for something in particular on State, perhaps left-hander Luis Pollorena, who came to State from not-so-nearby Laredo, Texas, or MSU third baseman Jarrod Parks, who led the SEC in hitting but has slumped a little at the plate of late.

Plus, Florida papers and/or web sites, former Pace (Fla.) High School standout C.T. Bradford was the MVP of the Atlanta regional, and he's just a freshman. So let me know if you may be interested in something, either through a PM here or on my web site.

References always available.

Thanks.

JWM

Draft saved Draft deleted